Friday, December 26, 2008

What Christ means to me...

Christmas is probably my favorite time of the year. I love all the Christmas carols and saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone. I loved buying gifts for Sean and Matt for Christmas this year. I know Christmas isn't about gifts but trying to figure out what they will like and what their reactions would be like was a lot of fun. More than anything though, my favorite part of Christmas this year was our little Family Home Evening on Christmas eve. Sean and I came home early from a family dinner at Mimi's Cafe to have our own FHE. We invited Sean's parents to join us, too. We sat down and read from Luke 2 and watched "The Nativity" together. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His everlasting love for every one of us. Sean made an interesting comment about the movie that I never thought of before. He said it is interesting how Jesus was born among the poor whereas the rich people had to travel far to see and worship Him. His birth is an humbling event for everyone, for the poor, for the rich. I hope I don't have to travel too far to become to know Him. It is sad that many people are forgetting what Christmas is really about. Many people now write X-mas instead of Christ-mas. They want to get rid of anything that emphasizes Christ. There was a park near Pismo Beach and it was called "Christmas Park" but because the name of the park contained "Christ" there was a big lawsuit and they changed the name of the park to something else. Jesus Christ means so much to me. He changed my life. I am thankful for His love for me and my family. I pray that He will show His love and mercy to you. Just look around and see what you have. What you have is a blessing. You just have to allow yourself to recognize it as a blessing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Site layout for your blog. I am looking forward to reading more from you.

Tom Humes

Post a Comment