Saturday, July 25, 2009

Matt's New Haircut and More

Here are some of the newest pictures of Matthew...

He likes to eat ritz with a fork.

His 6-month-old hat still fits him.

This was taken when he was supposed to be on a time-out... Well, time out doesn't really work right now. He was throwing food on the carpet so we were a bit frustrated. So we turned his high chair facing his room. He hates it when we do it. So we thought maybe it was working so maybe he won't throw food anymore but as soon as we brought him over to the table, he started throwing again. *Sigh*

One night, we found him asleep like this in his crib... Kind of awkward but he slept like that pretty much all night.

He's growing up so fast!!

Okay, so I need to tell you what we're doing in the picture here. In Korea, many moms and grandmas give their kids and grandkids "U-boo-ba" (carrying kids on the back). I loved it when I was a kid and my mom says that I would always bring a blanket to her and ask her for an "U-boo-ba". When we went to Korean last year, I found this very fashionable and cute u-boo-ba blanket with a shoulder strap and all for $40 and just had to get it for my Matty Bub. One night, Matt was fussy so I gave him a fun U-boo-ba for a while and he enjoyed it so much.

Just goofin' around...

After a bath

It's important to floss everyday.
Message from Dr. Bunton, the future dentist

Well, the shorts are still way too big for Matt

Trying to pull up his shorts...

He's happy when he's full!

Matt's new ritual in the morning: Get up and go and get the towels hanging by the stove/oven and take it to mommy.

Having fun with utensils

Look at his long, long, long hair!!
Well, soon it will all be gone.

He was scared of something... He was probably scared of himself. Because I am scared of him often.

Aww... he looks like a British college student... from the early 90's?

At a Vietnamese restaurant by our apartment

Mommy and Matty Boi

Before the haircut: Mommy I'm ready to go!!

Well, let me give the wall a kiss first!

Yay! Matty's hair is short and cute!!! This time, the haircut process didn't go so well. He cried. And cried. And cried.... And some more. But thank goodness, our skilled barber did a wonderful job. He's a little pricey but it was well worth it. Next time though, we will probably take him somewhere cheaper. Anyway, don't you love his new hair????

We aren't sure if he is sad to have lost all his beautiful hair.... :)

Oh, just in case you're wondering how Matthew got an owie right under his eye, it's all my fault. I have long nails. I usually keep them short but I guess I just forgot to clip them. So we were having fun, rolling on the bed, giggling and screaming. Well, somehow I scratched his face with my nail and a little bit of his skin came off... I felt SO BAD!! I am not a horrible mom... I was just trying to have fun! :-) He seems to be okay though and the cut is healing nicely.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

My nails have gotten my kids a time or two...wedding right too. The haircut is cute. He looks like such a big boys now.

Amy said...

Love his cute haircut! I bet all kids have a hard time with the first haircut. I'm glad you got the cute hair sticking up in the bath pic just before though. And I thought you said you weren't watching the Next TV Food Network Star? I totally see the Korean one competing on your TV in the U-boo-ba picture!

Sook said...

I know! Isn't he so cute?? He looks all grown-up! :) I watched the Food Network Star for the first time that night and I liked it. It was funny. :-) I called your cell the other day to see if you wanted to go to Mongolian grill but your phone was off. Sad!! We'll have to do dinner one night.

Unknown said...

OMG he's got SO big!!! He's adorable. ^_^

Sook said...

Thanks, Jennette. Kadree is getting so big too! She's a cutie.

Post a Comment