Thursday, June 3, 2010

Childlike - that's what I want to be.


Do you see that huge bruise on his beautiful forehead? He got it last Sunday while he was playing with his cousins. Matt loves his cousins Nate and Alex and they adore him too. They play around a little wild sometimes and well, this time, they put Matt on a blanket and dragged the blanket around the house and boom! Matt fell right on his face.... It was sad, yes, but the boys felt so bad for him that they cried with Matt. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. When Matt was done crying, he left my arms and went straight over to Nate and Alex and said "Hi, Sasa (Alex)" "Hi Nate" and played with them like nothing ever happened. It made me think about that one scripture where Jesus says "Be like children" be quick to forgive and forget.. I wish I was like Matt. So innocent and forgiving. We made sure he didn't have a concussion that night. He is fine. He is actually proud of his little bump and he also makes me kiss it better every five seconds. :)


I love him. 

2 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Good post. Children can teach us SO much! I need to work on that, forgiving and forgetting. Have your time to cry cause you were hurt, but then get over it :) and ask your mom to kiss it better every 5 minutes (or maybe for us adults, ask the Lord to HELP us continually forgive our hurts).

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Great Post, Sook! I think your little boy is ADORABLE!!! :) Hope you guys are doing well with Seans new job!

Post a Comment