Monday, September 26, 2011

Matty can spell!

Matt is a smart kid. I don't like to brag but he just is. He learned his letters (both the letters and the sounds) and numbers when he had just turned two. He's always been interested in books and now he's trying to learn how to read. The other day, he was playing on Super Why website on my laptop and he asked me how his name is spelled. I told him M.A.T.T. Just once. That was it. The next day, my visiting teachers came over and somehow they asked Matt if he knew how to spell his name. Matt acted like he didn't know so I thought there's no way he'd remember it especially since I've only told him once. Then he was messing with letter floor mats. When I was about to tell him not to make a mess, I realized that he was gathering four letters to spell his name.. M.A.T.T. I was so surprised. He had remembered how to spell his name even when I'd taught him only once. I was so proud of him. Then the other day, he asked about my name so I told him how to spell it, too, just once. Then he remembered that, too, and surprised me and Sean when Matt said mommy's name is Sook, S.O.O.K. What a smart kid!

Matty spelling my and his names...

0 comments:

Post a Comment