Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When Sook met Sean...

Sean and I met at a cafeteria called "The Galley" at Brigham Young University-Idaho back in September of 2005. I was working at the galley at lunch and Sean was a regular customer there. One day, Sean came up to me and asked me if I were Japanese. I was somewhat offended by the question because I didn't like when people assumed that I was Japanese or Chinese just because I am Asian. My response to Sean's question was rather rude. I told him that I was not Japanese and now Sean always reminds me how cold I was to him then.
About four months later, I switched my hours to dinner. I was in charge of salad bars and I got a little helper. Guess who the little helper was! That's right, Sean!! I didn't have any hard feelings left for him anymore and we got along great. We became very good friends quickly.
Then one day, the whole galley crew decided to go to a concert together on a Saturday. Sean and I decided to have Korean and Japanese food together before the concert. When we finally arrived at the concert, we found that we were the only ones that actually showed up for the concert. Most of the galley crew called and cancelled on us and some of them showed up but couldn't get tickets. Sean and I felt a little awkward about the situation and I was afraid that Sean was going to think that it was all my plan that everyone ditched on us. Well, let's just say we ended up having a great time that night. Sean asked me if I wanted to go watch a movie afterwards, so we went to a cheap theatre and watched Harry Potter 4.
The next day, Sean invited me to his apartment to play games with his roommates and his FHE sisters. I agreed to go and had a wonderful time. Later that night, we had our very first kiss! So that's our story. That's how we met and we hooked up on January 28, 2006, thanks to all those who decided not to show up for the concert! :)
Later on, we found out that we were in the Missionary Training Center at the same time around (September 2002-November 2002). Also, Sean's close roommate was one of the elders that I served with on my mission in Mesa Arizona. The elder and I had the same pictures taken at one of our investigator's baptism. Sean said that he saw me in the pictures hung up on the wall in their room the whole time they were roommates. Coincidence??

0 comments:

Post a Comment