Monday, June 1, 2009

So Stupid

So you all know that I passed my driving test last March... Well, I still haven't gotten my license in the mail. So I called the DMV today to see what's going on and they said, "Well, we're still verifying your legal presence. You need to call this number." So I called the number that they gave me. After being disconnected like three times, I finally got a hold of someone who dealt with legal presence stuff. I told him my situation and the response I got was this -

"You presented the legal document at the DMV more than a year ago. Any documentation that you present at DMV expires within a year. You need to re-present the document at the DMV that you took your test at."

Here's the thing. I took the driving test before my permit expired, which means I took the test BEFORE anything was expired. They had more than one month to process my documents before anything was expired and didn't. Here comes the craziest part. The guy on the phone said that I might have to reapply for driver's license all over again. Yes, the whole process - permit, driving test, fee, everything! I was so upset.

But I am hoping that they would just admit their fault and give me my dang lisence. Ugh!! How annoying. Now my temporary lisence has been expired and I can't even drive until I get everything sorted out. It's REALLY annoying. I never even got a letter from them saying that they needed anything. How lame! Dang you, DMV!!

Anyway, Sean is going to the DMV with me on Thursday evening. Hopefully, we won't have to raise our voices at them. Hopefully, they will just take care of it without problems. So this is one of the annoying things that a good, law-abiding, legal resident goes through in America... *Sigh*

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dealing with the DMV is never a pleasant experience. I feel for you. Good luck!

Valerie said...

All I'm sayin' is...California. :)

Post a Comment