Tuesday, September 15, 2009

He's a baby no more

My little Matthew is growing up. He's not a baby anymore. He's now a "toddler". He walks and runs around, gets mad at me if I don't turn on his favorite show, laughs at the silliest things, climbs on to our dining table, tries to destroy our laptops, etc.... The only thing that made him a little baby was me nursing him. I nursed him for a while. I started nursing him about twice a day for his nap and for his night sleep about three months ago. But I just didn't want to give it up yet. I guess I wasn't ready to stop it all together. I don't know but it was way hard for me to stop nursing him. He didn't want to give it up, either. He didn't sleep unless I nursed him and this pattern was getting out of my hand. So I decided that it was time to stop. He's 18 months old now and I knew he could do it. So I got a hot chili sauce and put a little bit of it on my nipple (just one) and tried to nurse Matthew. Well, he tasted it and had the disgusted look on his face and took a bottle instead. Ever since, he hasn't wanted breastmilk. Hooray! :) He struggled a couple of days going to sleep on his own but he's doing much better now. He just fell asleep on his own without being nursed. What a big boy! I'm so excited and sad at the same time. I guess it's kind of weird to think that my baby boy doesn't need my milk to function. I don't know. It's hard to explain but I'm sure you mommies know what I'm talking about. So yeah, the first time is always hard. Maybe I'll have no problem with the second baby. Who knows?! But I did it and I'm proud of it.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Hehe. I love how you tricked him!

Post a Comment