Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Child's Prayer



"Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" So Matt has started praying a lot more often lately. It is the sweetest thing ever. He prays before every meal and when he's about to snack, he always folds his arms and closes his eyes to say a prayer. He actually says something that can't really be understood by adults and says "eh" which probably means "Amen". It's so cute that I had to videotape his prayer to share with you all. Every night, I sing him to sleep. I sing a lot of Korean songs, kids songs, and children's hymns, too. Some nights he won't fall asleep easily and I find out it's because we had forgotten to pray. I only know this because he would fold his arms and closes his eyes and makes this "Che-che" sound in the middle of a song. So we say a quick prayer and he falls asleep. It's really the cutest thing ever! Oh I love being able to teach him about Jesus and the gospel. As a child, I didn't have that. So I love that my son reminds me to pray before bed every night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment