Monday, January 25, 2010

Update

I see I'm seriously lacking posts on our family blog. I've been busy with my cooking blog lately. I've been trying to post a new recipe everyday. I've been getting more traffic on it and more comments, too. I've been getting to know other food bloggers and make friends, too. It's always fun to get to know people with similar interests. Check out my food blog if you're interested. http://myfabulousrecipes.blogspot.com

I thought I'd write down a few things about what's been going on lately. There's really nothing grand and exciting happening, though. Sean's still working for the same company and we're hoping for a good, descent raise that he very much deserves but we'll see. He has a good relationship with his co-workers, too. Everyone just adores him. I've met a few people that he works with through a Christmas party that we went to back in December. They seemed friendly and nice. We had a nice dinner with his close co-worker, Pally and his wife just about a week ago. They are Indians although they grew up mostly in England and the U.S. But they cook Indian food all the time and they invited us over for a nice Indian dinner. Everything was so yummy.

I'm at home with Matthew and I love it. I'm grateful that I can stay home with him and watch him grow. And I know it is the right thing to do for me and my Matthew.

So here are things that Matt's been doing lately. He'll be two in the end of next month. Crazy, right?

1. He has been learning new words almost every day. Here are the words that he says.

Shoes
Elmo (He says "Mummo")
Ashes (from the song "Ring around the rosies")
Eat (from the song "Apples and Bananas")
Choo-choo
E-I-E-I-O (from the song "Old McDonald")
Mmm, good (whenever he eats something he likes)
Mama
Dadda
Sook (He says "Shook")
Sean (He says "Sha")
Matt

Okay, we didn't teach him how to say our names. He just learned from watching me and Sean calling each other by names. So funny!

2. His favorite show is "Clifford" and.... "The Simpsons" I know you think I'm terrible. I'm going to stop playing it in front of him since he's learning new words everyday and I don't want him to say "Doh" all the time.

3. He loves singing. I really think he has a musical talent. He loves to sing. He mastered "twinkle twinkle little star" when he was only 6 months. No joke. He knows the melody perfectly. He's really good, actually. :) Now he knows all the songs on the CD that we bought.

4. He's hitting the terrible two stage, I'm afraid. It's not as pleasant to take him out to grocery stores or any stores, really. It's almost a nightmare trying to keep him seated on a cart. Goodness!

5. He LOVES his cousins! He screams in joy whenever he sees the younger cousins. It's really cute.

6. He drinks too much milk. I need to get him to start drinking some juices. What's good? Any suggestions?

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I will end this post with a couple of cute pictures of Matthew.


 He put the head band on by himself. I thought it was hilarious.

 
Isn't he cute?

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Try apple white grape juice. It's pretty sweet. The best kind that was the only juice my children would drink for a while comes in purple juice boxes.
Hylan is really hard to take to the store too. We usually give him a bag of cheetos, and that keeps him happy. We just pay for an open bag instead of a closed one. :)

Sook said...

I will have to look for the juice. I didn't try giving him snack at grocery stores. What a brilliant idea! Thanks, Valerie. :)

Marie said...

We do Juicy Juice because they are 100% juice and they come in several varieties of flavors. Rosalee's top juice flavors are apple, strawberry banana, and mango.

Post a Comment