Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hugs & Folding

Matt started praying more on his own and I love listening to his prayers! This morning he offered a very simple but a beautiful prayer without any help from me or Sean. His prayer went like this -

"Dear Father, thankful food. Thankful baby Aaron, mommy, daddy, and Matt. Thankful HUGS. Name of Christ, Amen."

I know that Matt really is thankful for hugs. I have learned from Matt that hugs have magical powers to comfort, calm, and heal others. And I am grateful that I have a son who reminds me what a simple thing as a hug can do in our daily lives. When I am sad or hurt or happy, Matt always gives me a hug and a kiss and says "I love you, mommy." My eyes got teary when I saw him hug Aaron to comfort him when he was frowning. I understand why Christ advised us to "be like more like children, for such is the kingdom of God"


Now something weird and funny. Matt loves holding Aaron. It has become his daily ritual. As soon as he gets up in the morning, he asks us if he can hold Aaron. Today, though, he asked "Can I fold baby Aaron?" When we said, "You mean "hold" baby Aaron?" Then Matt got upset and yelled, "NO! I wanna FOLD baby Aaron!!" So I am not sure how he would "fold" baby Aaron but I am thinking I should probably never say yes to that although I would love to find out what he means by "folding" Aaron....

1 comments:

Amy said...

Haha! Oh, Matt. He is such a sweetie. I'm so glad he adjusted well to life as a big brother :)

Post a Comment