Monday, April 18, 2011

Our New Addition to the Family

Just like the announcement said in the previous post, Aaron Jinu was born on April 14, 2011. I went into the birthing center for a c-section. I was nervous and anxious, I wasn't able to sleep much at all - I was just so tired! I was poked four different times just to get the right vein for an IV. They said I was so dehydrated that my veins were barely visible. Even the IV experts had a hard time with it. The anesthesia went well (though I was super nervous about it but it wasn't too bad), my body went numb, and they cut my belly open. Sean was by me the whole time holding my hand which was very comforting to me. When I heard our baby cry for the first time, I cried, too. Aaron weighed 7 lbs and 6 ounces and measured 19 1/2 inches long. He cried only for several seconds after he was born. They had to force him to cry to get all the stuff out of his lungs. Since then, he has only cried once or twice for only a couple of seconds. He is a very mellow baby. He eats well, poops well, sleeps well. I couldn't be happier. Matt is dealing with this change rather wonderfully. Matt always thought that he was getting a big, strong brother but as soon as he held Aaron in his arms, he realized that he was just the opposite of big and strong. He is very protective of Aaron and loves to hug and kiss him. It brought tears into my eyes when Matt gave Aaron a gentle hug and a kiss this morning without even being told. My two angels are the joy of my life! My belly still hurts a lot but I know I will be okay soon. I am grateful for my family and for the love that we share with each other. I can't wait to build an eternal family with baby Aaron.

Right after Aaron was born...
My favorite boys!!
Awww...
I couldnt feel my legs

Aaron pushing Matty away.. haha
Daddy and Aaron
Cute!!
So sweet!

Going home!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh sook! what a beautiful family! congratulations on a successful delivery and healthy, wonderful baby. it's been too long since i've seen you. i need to catch up with you and give you the baby present that i've been carrying around with me since i was lame and missed your shower.
hope recovery is fast and that you get lots of sleep:)

Sook said...

Hi Jenny! Thank you so much! Everything went well. I'm just taking it easy after the surgery. You can come over anytime to drop off the gift. Just let me know! :) Hope everything is going well for you.

Lildonbro said...

So cute!
Congratulations! ...I miss you guys.

Post a Comment