Monday, June 30, 2008

JUN'S FAVORITE WORDS

Sometimes I call Matt "Jun" because that is his Korean name. Every time I call my mom and dad, they call Matt "Jun". I looked up all the meanings of "Jun (준)" on my Korean dictionary and there were so many meanings to this short one-syllabul word. It means 준 "flat", "to hit", "to finish", "stiff", "deep", "high", and "to be followed"-which is what Matt's name means. Jun has been my favorite boy's name so when we found out that we were having a boy, I knew his Korean name was going to be Jun. People sometimes think it's June like the 6th month though. That's the only downside of the name but I still love it.

Anyway, I didn't really mean to explain what Jun meant when I started writing. I wanted to write about some of Matt's favorite words. There is a word that calms him down in almost any situations....and that is "ZOO" Whenever we are driving and he starts crying in the backseat, Sean and I start saying "I want to go to the ZOOOO" or "Do you want to go to the ZOOOO?" Then he just calms down immediately. Some other phrases that he likes are; "Gooooood Moooorning!!" (but that only works right after he wakes up. He smiles and kicks his feet like crazy!), "Ewwww, stinky feeeet!!" (but with a certain accent, he likes my high pitch voice) These phrases make Matt go absolutely crazy. He also likes when I sing, So far, his favorite song is the froggy song (it's a korean song about a tad pole becoming a frog; Sean loves it as well). Whenever I sing the song, he smiles and almost laughs. It's really cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment