Sunday, October 26, 2008

Things we loved about Korea!

1. No Tipping. In Korea, we don't tip. It is in fact rude to tip someone for their labor. We don't pay taxes either. Taxes are included in prices. There's no 99 cent crap, either, always even number, like 1,000 won or 1,200 won, not 990 won or 670 won. So we liked that. The food is so much cheaper there too. One day my mom and we had lunch together and we only paid 12 bucks. How nice is that?!

2. Bargaining. I bought a lot of makeup there and bargaining saved me a lot of money. When you go to Korea, try bargaining. You will save a few bucks.

3. Public transportation. The easiest way to move around in Korea is by using public transportation. They are so cheap too. We used buses, trains, subway, and taxis while we were in Korea. I really wish public transportation was popular in America.

4. All the food! I love Korean food. I could spend the rest of my life eating Korean food. I love American food but honestly, I could live without it. I think changing food is what got me gain a lot of weight. In Korea, I used to eat a lot of vegetables and soup. I really miss that.

5. Of course my family. My family is the reason why I want to go to Korea often. I really want to visit them as often as I can. This trip was too short! Hopefully, I will get to visit more often.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of awesome stuff. So I take it you really prefer spicy food eh? That is what Kelly misses the most, is the food and spice. :)

And yeah, he loved the public transportation as well. He wishes we had monorails over here.

Post a Comment