Friday, October 31, 2008

What a small world!

While visiting my uncle and aunt in Seoul, my cousin called and said that he wanted to see me and my family. I hadn't seen him in about 20 years (the last time I saw him was when I was 9 years old). I had heard that he was married in April so I wanted to meet his wife too. When they arrived at my aunt and uncle, I was surprised by how different my cousin looked. His wife looked good too. When my cousin and I were trying to catch up, my cousin's wife said, "Hmm, you're Yong-Sook, aren't you. I know Yong-Sook. I know her..." I was a little confused at first but I kept on thinking, "This girl looks familiar" but I couldn't really think where I knew her from. I grew up in Nonsan which is like 5 hours away from Seoul so I guess I was having a hard time making a connection. Then a light bulb went off in my head. I knew the girl. Her name was Da-Jin Park and I had hung out with her when I was in middle school. I remembered her name and we were all shocked by what a small world we live in. I would've never thought that she was going to be my cousin's wife! Da-Jin and I went to middle school and high school together. Isn't it crazy? What a small world....

0 comments:

Post a Comment