Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pretty Flowers


While Sean was hometeaching, Matt and I went out for a walk around the neighborhood. The weather has been beautiful around here - it got pretty hot, up to 100 degrees, but this week has been warm and breezy. While we were out walking, I discovered that Matthew loves flowers. He pointed at flowers every time he saw them. So I took a couple of pictures of him with the pretty flowers. I love strolling around with Matt. He's totally a outdoor person. Being out puts him in a cheery mood. He sings -he always sings his favorite song - twinkle, twinkle, little star - I'm serious, this guy can carry the tune better than I can! He points at millions of different things he sees out and says "That's!" (interpretation: What's that?) and I tell him what they are both in English and Korean. We can communicate better than ever. It's so fun! He understands a lot of things. About a week ago, Matt started understanding "Can you ....?" questions. So far, he knows what "Can you clap?" means. Whenever I say it, he claps. It's the cutest thing, really. He also knows "Can you talk on the phone?" because whenever I say it, he takes his hand up to his ear and says "Hai". He understands "Stinky", "Popo (kiss)", "Blow kisses", "Where's ....?" (he always points whenever he hears the word". Lately, he's been trying to lift up his book and takes it closer to his eyes (Bad habit - I think it's because he always sees me and Sean reading books like that). He's getting pretty close to walking. Now and then, he tries to stand up on his own. I swear, he walks when I'm not looking. He's sneaky!! Hopefully, he will take his first steps and make us proud. But he has been doing a lot of smart things and I am really impressed with how fast a little baby like him can learn.

2 comments:

John and Karisa said...

That's so cool that he can SING! What a brilliant kid! We'll have to try Benson out on a few songs. You guys should really take advantage of Matt's music talent-- my nephew had a real knack for music right off the bat, and so my sister taught him a TON of songs. Now he knows all sorts of things (the 50 states in alphabetical order, the prophets of the church, the months, the preamble to the constitution, etc.), and he learned them at a really young age because my sister put it all to music. Anyway, good job for Matt! He's getting so smart.

Sook said...

What a great idea! I will definitely try doing that! Thanks for the tip!!

Post a Comment