Monday, March 10, 2008

The first few days of Matt's life


Although I had a hard time nursing Matt at first at the hospital just because I didn't really know how to do it right, now Matt's latching and eating very well. We were worried because he was losing too much weight at the hospital but ever since Matt and I figured out how to nurse, he's been gaining weight properly. Yay for nursing moms! Don't ever give up even though things get hard sometimes.



Matt is enjoying his swing. Grandma Sue bought the swing at "Once upon a child" (It is a store for used baby stuff. A lot of them look brand new! This swing is Graco brand that normally runs about $150 but we got it at the store for $50 and it sure looks brand new!!) I also bought some cute outfits real cheap! I would love to go back to the store and get some more outfits for Matt... Hmmm... but Matt's already got too many cute outfits from our friends... I am not sure if he needs any more outfits for at least a while..



We think that Matt was dreaming of angels when we took this picture. We're sure that he was talking with angels!



One of our first family pictures at home. Sean's mom took many photos of us and this one is just one of the better ones we've got. We would love to get our family picture taken somewhere nice but we figured we'd wait for a while until Matt gets a little bigger. Plus, I need to lose a few extra pounds that I gained during pregnancy. I bought and checked my weight tonight and I have lost 23 pounds since Matt's birth! Yay!! I still have about 15 more pounds until I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight... My uterus is still shrinking and I've been nursing so I should be able to do that with no problem. Then Sean and I are going to go walking every night at the park nearby. I have been walking with the baby lately but I realized that I shouldn't overdo anything since it's only been a week and a half since I had my c-section. I was too tired after I walked for too long and my incision started hurting a little bit... Alright, I need to quit rambling here..



Another good family picture of the Buntons.



We got to put Matt in his real crib in his room one afternoon. He really enjoyed it.



Just Hatched!!!



Yes, Matt is definitely 100% lovable!! Isn't he so darling?



Well, I got the pink robe from Sean's mom for my birthday. It was given so that I could wear it at the hospital. I love the robe. It's really light and comfy. So I realized that I am always wearing the robe in a lot of pictures so I felt like I needed to explain why. Well, when you have a baby or a c-section, you get really really hot because of the hormones or maybe because of the pain killers that you have to take to ease the pain. Then at night, you get really really cold! Sean thinks it is bizzare that I always complain about how cold it has been in our apartment when it is actually over 70 degrees. I turn the heater on whenever I feel cold and Sean's dying of the heat. But now I feel a lot better. I just can't wait til my body becomes more normal.



So I gotta say how grateful I am for digital cameras. I am not sure how many pictures I have taken of Matt. I think we have around 700 pictures of him and he was born only like 11 days ago. Can you imagine how many films we would have had to go through to take that many pictures? I am sure grateful that we have digital cameras so we can take pictures anywhere, anytime, without having to buy films seperately. Digital cameras definitely help us save a lot of money! Alright, enough about my testimonials on digital cameras..



This outfit is one of my favorites! As soon as we found out that we were having a boy, we went to walmart and found this army outfit. It makes Matt look so manly and strong!




Daddy changing his son's diaper. Ok, I gotta tell ya. So Matt is a pooper... Wow, you can not imagine how many diapers we go through each day. When were at the hospital, he did not poop for two and a half days so we were all getting worried about him. Then when we came home from the hospital he started pooping like no other. Wow, ever since then he just does not stop pooping. I think he goes about 15 times a day, no joke. We have to empty our diaper champ every three days or so because it gets so full!! So here is the thing. I feed him about every two hours. He poops before and after he eats. Plus, he likes to poop right after we change him too. It's like he waits until we change him and as soon as he feels clean and dry, he will poop right away. We went through so many diapers in a week that we had to go buy more diapers today. You know how we were so worried about him not pooping for two and a half days? We even prayed that he would poop. Now, we wish he wouldn't poop so much.... Nah, I guess it just means that he's eating well and very healthy. I am just glad that he's doing whatever he's supposed to do as a baby. :)

Grandpa Arlyn wasn't able to see Matthew for about a week after he was born. He lives near Pismo Beach working full-time for the government in San Luis Obispo. He came up on the weekend after Matt was born and got to hold him for the first time. He was very excited. This is a picture of three generations. Grandpa, Daddy, and Matt.. When we see Matt's great-grandpa, we will have to take a picture of four generations... wow, that would be so cool!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment