Sunday, March 9, 2008

Matthew Jun Bunton

I was admitted to the Sutter Roseville Hospital on Tuesday night at 6 p.m. to be induced. I was 9 days overdue at the time. When Dr. Scates checked me out, he said I had dialeted to 2 cms and the baby's head was still far up. They started petocin on Wednesday morning at 7 a.m. to get contractions going. I started having contractions immediately about five minutes apart, but not too strong yet. As time went by, the contractions became stronger and more intense, about a minute apart each. It was so much easier to bear it when Sean was by my side. I was so grateful for him. I was in labor for about 20 hours before Dr. Scated told me that I couldn't deliver the baby natural because I had only dialeted to 4 cms. The baby just didn't want to come down to my pelvic area. So we decided to do a c-section. I was scared but again Sean's presence calmed me down. I was afraid because I had never had any surgery in my life. I said a little prayer in my heart and I knew everything was going to be okay.

The surgery started at around 1:00 a.m. and I heard baby Matthew's crying voice at 1:10 a.m. on Thursday morning, February 28, 2008. One bad thing about having a c-section is that you don't get to see the baby right away. I had to wait about 3 to 5 minutes to finally be able to see him. I didn't get to hold him either which was so frustrating. But thankfully Sean videotaped everything that I missed, Sean cutting his umblical cord, Matt's first bath, etc.

While I was at a recovery room, I felt so miserable because of all the drugs that I had been taking. I had all kinds of drugs you can imagine, well not quite. But all I thought about while I was in the room was how much I missed my boys. Finally about an hour after I gave birth to Matt, Sean came into the room with our baby. I tried to nurse him there. But I was so drugged that I was barely able to hold him. It was very frustrating. But one of the nurses put Matt on my chest so I could feel him. It was one of the greatest moments of my life.

We were released from the hospital on the following Sunday, March 2, 2008. Sean and I were so excited to bring Matthew home with us. Matt has been a very good boy. He's been more awake now during the day so that's good news! I am still adjusting to being a mom. I am not perfect at it but getting better every day. Sean is already a great dad. He loves his boy. We just can't wait to see Matt grow strong in our little family.


0 comments:

Post a Comment