Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mommy and Matty

This is one of my favorite pictures with Matt. He was a week old when we took this picture.


I know, I am wearing that pink robe in almost every picture but it is about the only thing that fits me right now. But the good news is that I am only 7 more pounds away to my pre-pregnancy weight, yay!!! But I plan to lose more weight once I feel better. Sean and I are trying to lose weight and eat healthier so that we won't get sick in the future. Well, enough about our health issues, Matthew was asleep in my arms when Sean took this picture. He looks like an angel! Oh and also, I like to sit on the rocking chair that I got from Sean's parents while holding or breastfeeding Matthew. It is so comfortable! Sometimes I check my email while nursing him too. I guess I am getting pretty good at doing multiple things at the same time... Wow, I am becoming a super mom or something. :)


We went for a check up when Matt turned one week old! His doctor is Dr. Sorgea. She is really nice! I expected her to be older but she's younger.. maybe in her late thirties. Matthew had grown by an half inch so he measure 20.5 inches. He weighed 8 lbs and 10 oz. He was finally gaining a little bit of weight after he started eating better. His circumcision looked great too. He didn't like the nurse or the doctor very much so he cried a little bit but he stopped crying as soon as I held him. :)


we were released from the hospital on March 2. Matthew had just had his circumcision done. I was going to be in the nursery room to watch it, but couldn't because I was already starting to cry. So I told Sean that I was going back to my room. When they got back after the surgery, Sean told me that Matt was such a trooper that he just held on to Sean's finger and didn't even cry much at all. I just started crying when Matt and Sean came back from the nursery. Wow, I am beginning to understand why a lot of moms are so paranoid about little things about their babies.


This picture was taken on the same day I had Matt. He was born at 1:10 A.M on Thursday morning. I was on bed rest until about noon then the nurse told me that I could shower! Boy, it felt so good to shower. Matthew got the blue hat from a volunteer at the hospital. The other one that he was wearing before the blue hat was just ridiculous looking! But I didn't mind this one so much. At this point, I still couldn't believe that he was in my tummy for 10 months!


Aww, Matthew looking directly at the camera! He's getting used to taking pictures now. He doesn't cry over flashing lights anymore. He'd better be used to it because we have been taking millions of pictures of him already and will be taking zillions of more pictures in the future!


This picture was taken in Matthew's room which we only use it to change his diapers right now. He's too little to sleep in his own room at night...


Breastfeeding is an awesome way to bond with your baby. Although I wasn't milking much, Matt was latching real good. I was so proud of him! Matthew had lost more than 11% of his birthweight so the nurses were suggesting that we might have to give him supplements. I did not want to give him any formulas so I was a little depressed about it. But as soon as we got home from the hospital, Matt started to eat a lot better. He has been gaining weight steadily so we haven't had to use formulas at all so I am relieved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment