Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our family has grown by two feet!


I think Matt was yawning... although he looks like he's crying...


Our first family picture with Matt.
As you can probably see in the picture,
Sean and I both were so tired.
I was in labor for an entire day
so Sean didn't get to sleep much either
so we were just exhausted that night.
We sent Matt to the nursery that night
so we could get some sleep. We slept for
about 5 hours and got to keep Matt in our
room for the rest of our stay at the hospital.


This picture was taken right after I was brought
to this private room after I was at a recovery
room for an hour and a half. I had such a miserable
time in the recovery room so I was so happy to
be in a regular room with the baby. It felt so good
to hold him in my arms. I was so drugged though
that I could barely hold him but it was so great to
be able to have him in my arms. I love him so much!!


Matt weighed 9 lbs 4 oz and was 20 inches long.
I know, he is a big boy!!! No one knows how he
was in my belly! No wonder why he didn't want
to drop down to my pelvis... He knew that he
couldn't fit through my cervix.. Well, he's a smart
kid. But he dropped more than 11% of birth weight
so the nurses were a little bit concerned but things
worked out well so he's gaining weight back to his
birthweight again. He's been eating, pooping, and
sleeping pretty good. He's a good boy!


My first moment with Matt. Dr. Scates was
sealing my incision and I could feel a little bit
of pressure. I was able to see Matt maybe five
minutes after he was born. I was so anxious
to see what he looks like.I remember asking
Sean how much he weighed over and over again
and Sean said that he didn't know yet because
they measure the weight and height somewhere
upstairs at the hospital. I couldn't stop crying
when I was finally able to see him right in front
of me but I was disappointed that I couldn't hold
him right away. Wow, but I gotta say this was
probably one of the best moments of my life.

Matt just cried and cried until he came to the
recovery room where I was after he was born.
Sean cut the umblical cord and I am so sad that
I missed it.
Dr. Scates pulling Matt out of my tummy

0 comments:

Post a Comment