Monday, July 7, 2008

In the beginning of July...

Our family got to travel a little ways to visit families in Pismo Beach and Bakersfield over the weekend. It was Matt's first time traveling that far.. (We took him to San Francisco once when he was about a month old but that's only about two hours away from here) Matt did pretty good for the most parts except on our way to Pismo. He was a little fussy but I got in the backseat with him and kept him entertained so he was fine. Sean's whole family was at his parents' so it was nice but Matt wasn't really used to being around that many people yet. He napped quite a bit on Independence day but woke up pretty happy on Saturday morning.

We had a chance to go visit Sean's grandparents (the Buntons) for a day in Bakersfield. The Buntons are in their 80's but they still look pretty good! They seemed to be doing well and were excited to see their great grandbaby Matthew. Grandpa Cecil was a little hesitant to hold Matthew at first because he can't see very well, but he finally held him just a little before we left. It was really cute to see great grandpa Cecil and Matthew so close to each other. We got some good pictures. Matt was smiley the whole time grandpa Cecil was holding him. Grandma Mildred also got to hold Matthew for a while and Matt and he loved her too as you can see in the pictures.

I am now so excited to take Matthew to my parents in about three months! I think I might start crying when I see my mom and dad hold our little Matthew. It is interesting how much you think about your parents when you become a parent. I often think about my parents whenever I look into Matt's eyes. I am so grateful for both of my parents, for all the sacrifices that they made to raise me. I can't wait to go see my parents again! I hope Matt loves them too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment