Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Priesthood Blessing

Matt went in for 4 month check-up the other day. He now weighs 17 lbs 6 oz and measures 27 inches. He's at around 66 percentile. He got those immunization shots and amazingly enough, he didn't cry at all. I was pretty amazed by this. He's a pretty strong boy.
Well, he did get sick though. He had a fever of 101.4 degrees for about a day and a half. We gave him tylenols but didn't really help. He was really fussy last night. He couldn't sleep too well so I woke Sean up and asked him if he would give Matt a blessing. I sat Matt up in our bed and Sean put his hands on him and gave him a beautiful blessing. It was incredible. I choked up because I was so grateful to have the priesthood in our home. After about 10 minutes he received his blessing, Matt finally fell asleep in my arms and never woke up until about 5 a.m. to eat. His fever was also gone by this morning. I feel so blessed to be married to a worthy priesthood holder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment