Sunday, September 28, 2008

I will not yield. I can not yield.

Today is one of those days that I feel so, so, so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been struggling lately with all the affairs that are happening in the world. I had been worried about what's happening all around the world and felt like the world was coming to an end. In Relief Society today, the lesson was on "We will not yield. We can not yield!" It was really a great lesson that I needed to hear. The teacher quoted Joseph Smith's "Standard of Truth" where it says "no unhallowed hands can stop the work from progressing". That really struck me. She's right! No unhallowed hands can stop God's work from progressing. As long as we do our parts, Heavenly Father will not allow unhallowed hands to stop his work here on earth. That was very comforting for me, especially with prop 8 and other political crap going on right now. We also talked about Lehi's dream about people in the great and spacious building. The people who were in the building were rich and well educated and they mocked those who were holding on to the iron rod to reach the tree of life. One sister commented that some of us Mormons also belong to the people in that large and spacious building by judging and mocking others as well. I mean, we shouldn't hate the sinners but hate the sin. I got a lot out of the lesson today. It gave me a whole new perspective on how I view the world right now. I will not yield, I can not yield!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I've been bothered by the same things lately. I didn't hear that lesson today though because I'm in primary, but thanks for the post.

Post a Comment