Saturday, September 27, 2008

VOTE "YES" ON PROP 8

I really wish that I had a voting right here in America. I always thought that I probably would settle with a resident card but now I am beginning to think that I should probably work towards getting a citizenship so that I could have a vote right. Now that I'm raising my family (Sean and Matt) here, I would like to be involved with some important events that are occurring in America. I am a regular mom who wants her kids to be able to grow up in a safe place (physically and spiritually safe). I think that is every mother's wishes, at least I hope. I know there are many parents who don't care a dang about their children which is really sad. In California, there will be a vote regarding prop 8 which deals with the definition of a family in October. There are many ads on TV saying "Vote No for Prop 8" but practically none on "Vote Yes on Prop 8" - at least I haven't seen any- Many of the multi-millionaires and billionaires are supporting gay marriage in the state of California which makes me sick to my stomach. A lot of ads are saying that we should support gay rights because if you don't, that means you are a horrible person. I don't mind people that are gay. I have met some great people who are gay. I just don't agree with what they do. I believe that God made Adam and Eve for a purpose. But really, since when did gay and lesbian acts become so popular in our society? Only about 10 years ago, it was an unspeakable issue and now it is hard to find a TV show or a movie without a gay reference. Well, the only thing that I am really worried about right now is that my kids will go to school and learn about these things as if it's totally normal and natural and think "Wow, now I really do have a choice. Should I be gay or heterosexual?" I am scared to death! I know that I can always teach my kids good things at home and do all I can to help them learn the gospel of Jesus Christ. But I just think it would be so much easier if there was an external force that would teach them the same thing. Well, the conclusion is that I hope that people would care about their children enough to protect them from the evil. Please Vote YES on Prop 8 and protect your families!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment