Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's all about Matthew!!



cimg0001

When you stay at home with your baby alone all day, you will find that there is really not too much to do around the house. I usually turn on my computer and check my email and go on facebook, then I smell something sour -usually Matt's poo-poo-, I change his diaper, I read Matt a couple of books, turn on TV, watch Malcolm in the middle on DVR for a while, then go for a walk for a little bit, then back at home, then Sean gets home! Between these activities, Matt entertains himself for about an hour or so, the rest of the time, he wants to climb up on the couch and sit by me or tries to fall off the couch and understands the concept of the rule of gravity - but he forgets it all way too easily.

cimg0034

Matthew loves being on the couch next to me and plays with wires and cords, looks out the window for a while, points at things, laughs for a while... but sometimes I really wish that I had my own car so we could just drive to a park or go to the mall or just do something more fun. I am getting a license this month though. I did a driver's ed thing this morning and the guy said I was really good and shouldn't have a problem passing the driving test. So I am really excited. When I get a license, I might go get a cheaper used car for myself and Matt so we can do something during the day while Sean is gone.

cimg0042

Matthew has found his index fingers! He always points at things now. Everywhere we go, he points. If he sees someone, he points at them to say hello. We usually put out finger on the tip of his finger and say "Elliot" (From E.T). He loves it.

I love when Matt does new things. I'm hoping that he will start putting food in his mouth on his own. He wouldn't even put a cheerio in his mouth on his own, which is really weird. He puts everything else in his mouth though, so it's not like he doesn't know how to put things in his mouth.

1429721838_3c5bb2f97ccimg00201

Matt wants you! :)

cimg00191

I know you all want to be bendy like Matt in this picture. Seriously, sometimes I wonder if their bones bend, too.

cimg0029

If there is one thing that I am proud of doing with Matthew everyday is having home-made dinner all together as a family. He sits at the table with us, we pray before our meal, and eat together. He loves it. He behaves pretty well at dinner time. He still stares at us when we pray but I think he's getting used to it. I can't wait until he folds his arms when we pray.

I love taking pictures after dinner because Matt's all full and happy. He loves solid food now. He still doesn't like a lot of sour and sweet food but loves rice, chicken, fish, potatoes, carrots, peas, noodles, sweet potatoes, bread, etc. He likes chocolate icecream sometimes but I don't think he's into cold food just yet. He makes the funniest face when he tastes orange.

Here are some family photos that we took at Akebono (The best Japanese restaurant ever!) on my birthday.

cimg0052

cimg0051

cimg0056

Matthew has four cousins that he absolutely loves - Brandon, Garrett, Nathan, and Alex! They love Matt, too. I love it when we are at a restaurant all together, the kids all come and gather around Matt, trying to make him smile or laugh. They even brought their own cameras and took pictures of Matt. I think one of them got a picture of Matt picking his nose and smiling. I got a cute picture of Matt and Alex together.

cimg0060

After a long day, he fell asleep in our bed. He slept through the night.

So Matthew is pretty busy in his own way. What a life, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment