Monday, January 26, 2009

January 2009 Update

Here are some of the things that happened in January...

  • Matthew started clapping. When he is in a good mood or when he is proud of himself, he starts clapping. It is also fun when he claps whenever Sean and I clap. It is a good way to get his attention and also helps when he is fussy.

  • Sean and I started going to the gym everyday (except for Sunday) and have been losing some weight. So that's good news. We plan to do this until we reach our goal and hopefully even after we reach our goal. Since we started exercising, we feel healthier and stronger. We are going to reward ourselves with a gift when we reach our goal. I am getting a nice cannon camera and Sean is getting a brand new desktop (He is going to build one just the way he likes it).

  • Sean might be getting a new job at Sutter Health. Two of his bosses that he used to work with as an intern last year emailed him a job posting, saying that they would really like him back. It's a database analyst job, which is pretty much the same thing that he's doing right now but better pay and much better benefits. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will get the job. So pray for us! (If he does get the job, we are seriously considering buying a house, maybe in the beginning of next year - everyone says to wait since they predict that the housing market will go down even more, up to 20%-

  • Matthew is standing up a little.... He stood up for three seconds on his own the other day which was really exciting! Then he hasn't done anything like that in 3 days. I think he's just taking his time. I'm totally okay with it, though.

  • My birthday is coming up on the 30th! I will be 28. Wow, I can't believe I am 28 already. I still feel like I'm 20 or something, well, except when I look in the mirror.. ha ha

  • Obama became the new president of the United States. Although I am not fond of some of his plans and policies (I really do not like his pro-choice stand) but I am excited to see what kind of a president he will be. I hope that he will make some good changes that will help the economy and the people in America.


Here are some pictures of Matthew and the family.

cimg0165

I did Matt's hair that day. I was blow drying my hair in the bathroom and Matt came in. So I put some wax on his hair and blowdried it. It turned out cute, I thought. :)



cimg0169

After crawling around everywhere and fussying for a whle, he fell asleep on my lap.



cimg0181

Just posing for another picture...



cimg0194

On Sunday, we took Matthew to a park right by our apartment. He loves swings. So I decided that I am NEVER allowing Sean to take Matt to the park alone! Wow, he was pushing the swing way too high up!! I about screamed when I saw how high the swing went up!! Daddies are always too risky.... :) I kept on saying "Not too high!" and Sean didn't care anyway. Matt seemed to enjoy it, too. He was laughing and giggling. It was so cute.



cimg0196

A cute picture of Matty and Daddy.



cimg0198

Matt was attached to the swing so much, he had to bite it.


cimg01991 cimg0200


Matt enjoying the swing ride :)


cimg0202


Mommy and Matty


cimg0206


Sean insisted that we get the oak tree in the background...


cimg0207


Matt always makes the funniest face when taking pictures with his daddy.


cimg0211


We went down the slides. I am not so sure if Matt liked it or not... But I sure had fun going down the slides! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I just love little Matt!. That's so cool that you guys are exercising and trying to eat better, that's always a strugle for us... we try but we never make it past the first week! :) So, a new camera?? cool!!!! Mine is a Nikon D90 and I just love it!!!!! Love it, love it, love it! I use it everyday! Initially I had thought of buying a Canon but we got very excited when we saw that the D90 takes HD video! I'm excited because next month I'll be taking my first photography class! You should start trying to read a little bit about it, if you haven't already taken a class or learned this kind of stuff before.

Anonymous said...

Yours pics are adorable! It's fun for me to see so many photos of little Matt...I usually only see his tiny feet sticking out of the blanket while he naps on your lap! Grace and i would love to get together with you and Matty. We should meet at the park sometime, or maybe at the indoor playground at the mall? We're up for anything! I'm glad you found our blog!

Post a Comment