Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ahh, if only we could afford it...

After dinner, Sean begged me to go see cars at the auto mall nearby. I was tired so I wanted to rest at home but Sean begged and begged and begged. I couldn't say no anymore so I went with him. For those who haven't heard, I recently got a driver's license, so we have been looking at cars - mostly used cars - here and there. I am still not sure if we can afford a second car yet but who cares, we can still look, right? So I know a lot of moms have SUVs and vans but I have never been a big fan of those. Since I only have one baby, I told Sean that I was getting a good size sedan. No SUV nor van... I've always thought that driving in a big car was for tall girls. I'm short. I'm barely 5'2''. In my mind, a short woman like me can't see far ahead in a big, tall car like SUVs or vans. Anyway, when we went to a Nissan dealership (strangely enough, most of my favorite cars come from Nissan), we saw some "Muranos" there. Sean convinced me that I should get inside and check it out. I didn't want to but I thought there's no harm in trying! So I sat in the driver's seat and adjusted my seat with an automatic button (so cool!). The car was just so amazing! It's got a nav, heated leather seats, cruise control, sun roof (or moon roof, whatever you want to call it), etc. And the asking price was $23,000. Wow, for a pimped-up car like that, that is a good deal! Well, but unfortunately, right now, we can't even afford a $10,000 car. We can barely afford the car we have, ha ha! No, but really, who would've thought I was going to fall in love with a SUV? Sean thought it was funny. I told him that I wanted a car exactly like that in five years. I told him that should be my 33rd birthday gift. Until then, I will just have to settle with whatever I get. :-)

I want to be a soccer mom, driving this SUV.

The one I looked at looked exactly like this on the inside.

1 comments:

John and Karisa said...

You're right, that car is a good 5-year plan. By then, Matt might be on a soccer team, and then you can drive all the soccer players to get ice cream after the game! A true soccer mom!

Good luck finding a car!

Post a Comment