Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just annoyed

I know a lot of you might not like this entry but I thought I'd write a few sentences on how I feel about politics. I don't really like to talk about politics because I usually end up getting into an argument and I never feel good afterward. But I am getting a little sick and tired of hearing all these LDS people talking bad about President Obama. Yes, he's democratic and he does have different views on moral values and yes, that is sad and frustrating. I mean, we all want everyone around us (especially the leader of our country) to believe in the same things as us. But I think it is also wrong of us building a strong animosity towards our president, calling him horrible names. If your sister or brother had the same views as him, would you call her/him a disgrace to your family? Maybe you will. But not me. I think it's interesting how everyone thinks of him as some kind of a devil worshipper. Personally, I think he is a good man. Now, just because I think he's a good man doesn't mean I support all the things that he tries to reinforce in this country. Now, I do not support abortion. I do not support some of his policies on education, health care, and welfare. But it seems though, especially in Mormon community, everything he does and says is stupid and bad. Okay, that's nonsense. How did you feel when majority of the people in this country badmouthed President Bush? Didn't it annoy you when the media was making fun of President Bush and the respublicans in general? I was annoyed. Personally, I don't expect any of the presidents to be perfect. I know they all make mistakes. I wish they didn't but they do. I am not saying that you should totally support Pres. Obama with all your heart or anything but maybe he deserves some respect. Don't hate everything he says or does just because he's Obama. Stop complaining and engage in many political issues (like support traditional marriage/help with public education system/stop abortion). So many people complain about the new president but not do anything to make the community better or engage in soliving these issues. (For example, writing a letter to your congressman or even to Obama might be a good start. I know very few people actually write to the politicians on the issues that they don't agree with. Donating to organizations, volunteering, and campaigning would also help.) Anyway, that's all. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Are you talking about me? :) I just can't help but dislike him. I disagree with every decision he has made so far and all the the changes he plans on making. He is enabling and causing so many changes that are destroying this country and threatening everything good. I know the gospel of Christ will prevail, but I can't help but talk about it......and I try to do something about it too.

Amy said...

Amen! I personally don't love a lot of Obama's policies (I agree with you on all of the aforementioned issues), but kudos to him for wanting to take on the role of leading this country in the crazy times we are in. What he needs now are our prayers for God to lead him. At least he believes in God. We gotta be happy about that.

Nataly Harris said...

Well said! I feel the same way...and I always hesitate to blog about politics too...but mostly because I live in Canada now and most Canadians think they are so much better because their country is not a complete train wreck! (however, last time I checked, Canada is in a recession too!)

Post a Comment